Friday, April 23, 2010

An Update

Hi all,

I started a second blog a while ago where I can go off and rant about anything. Mostly that means politics or things I heard on the news but sometimes it will be about non-SF&F pop culture or some other minutiae of my life. It's called I Don't Buy That.

My second update is a notification that I am discontinuing my use of the mini reviews in the 'Just Finished' portion of the left hand column. I will continue to post the names of books I have recently completed reading, but the mini reviews will now be placed as blog entries.

Update - Here are the last of the "Just Finished" blurbs:

1491: New Revelations of the Native Americans Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann

An excellent compendium of new discoveries and emerging theories in archaeology. While some will find the conclusions controversial, I support virtually every claim in this book. It will be interesting to see the results of some research that was still ongoing when the book was released.


History of the Hobbit Part 2: Return to Bag End by John D. Rateliff

I admit, I skipped the last portion of this book. Otherwise, I found it intriguing.


The Space Opera Renaissance by David G. Hartwell and Kathryn Cramer

I stalled out on the last story, but I enjoyed all the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment